- Maulana Azad Medical College Alumni Association of North America is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes, including for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501 (C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law)
- To promote the interests of Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), New Delhi, India, and associated hospitals, sister institutions and connected university.
- To promote educational services of MAMC students by establishing scholarships, educational funds, by contributing books, journals, technical know-how and instruments.
- To establish an educational fund to supply current medical journals and textbooks and other necessary equipment to MAMC.
- To arrange annual meeting of its members to exchange information, discuss policies, establish future course of action, to consider amendments to this constitution, hold elections for the office bearers and for transaction of all other proper business.
- Arrange lectures by the members at MAMC.
- To help visiting faculty, students, graduates from MAMC.
- No part of the net earnings of the association shall incur to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, officers or other private persons. Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses of any founder, officer or member will be permitted subject to availability of satisfactory proof of expenditure, which must be solely for the benefit of MAMCOAANA. Not withstanding any other provision of these articles, the association shall not carry on any activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by the organization exempt from Federal Income tax under 501 (C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Laws) or (b) by an organization, contributions to, which are deductible under section 170 (C) (2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law)
Bylaws and Constitution
The complete bylaws of the organization can be found here.